2017 Technology Jumpstart PD day announced!
Info and registration: bit.ly/TechJumpstartDay
Flyer: 2017 Tech Jumpstart Day flyer (PDF format)
Tuesday August 8th at the Central Administration building
This will be our fourth summer tech event! We used to call them the "Summer Tech FUN Conference" — it's got a new name but the same learning and fun! Nearly 50 people attended last year’s tech day, and we hope you can join us in August! It's a great way to end your summer and catch up with your colleagues (and meet new ones) as well as refresh yourself on instructional tech!
The event is open to Fremont#1 teachers (new and returning), paraprofessionals, office staff, and administrators.
Start your school year off with a great and fun learning experience!
Learn to use the devices, software, and subscriptions provided by the District in your classroom.
Enhance your instruction and student engagement through better tech integration, and leave with ideas and abilities that will enhance student achievement and increase student engagement in your classroom!
We will provide lunch, snacks, and cold drinks!
Prizes will be drawn for each session, with big prizes drawn at the end of the day!
Topics will include (we will post a final list in July):
- Leveraging social media and parent communications in your classroom to keep parents informed! Take communications to the next level!
- Some of the latest Chrome extensions that will keep you and your students organized and learning, and using Chromebooks more efficiently.
- Kid-friendly YouTube in the classroom
- Using Google Classroom in grades 3-12
- Using Hapara in grades 6-12 for easier document management with your students and for better classroom monitoring
- Great website resources: Ambient-Mixer, Khan Academy, Kahoot
You’ll be able to mix and match sessions for the topics you’re most interested in!