- Stretching Your Health Care Dollar flyer (PDF format)
- Prescription Basics flyer (PDF format)
- Emergency Medical Care flyer (PDF format)
Are You Making Wise Health Care Decisions?
Did you spend more time planning your vacation than making critical healthcare decisions? Did you spend more time pricing your new television, than researching your knee surgery?
Preventive Screening: Are you up to date on your recommended preventive screenings? More than 30% of the population is not, even though screenings are offered free through insurance.
Proper Intervention: Do you know when to seek care in the emergency room vs. urgent care or urgent care vs. telemedicine?
Healthcare procedure pricing: Ask if your company has a healthcare transparency tool which allows you to check the quality and price of different providers and facilities. According to Healthcarebluebook.com, prices for the same in-network procedure can vary by more than 500%. Choosing high quality but lower cost options can save you thousands of dollars.
Physician Visits: According to Wellness Council of America, WELCOA, patients forget 80% of what the doctor tells them as soon as they leave the office. Half of what is remembered is remembered incorrectly.
To make the most of your physician visits:
- Write down all of your questions, so that you remember to ask them with confidence.
- Gather all health-related information on medications and supplements, symptoms, previous or current treatments.
Before leaving the office, be sure you know:
- What are the most important things I need to remember when I leave the office?
- Why have you recommended this course of treatment?
- Are there alternatives to the recommended course of treatment? If so, what are they?
- What can I do to reduce my health risks in the future?
After your visit, review your notes, and then file everything in a safe place, so that you can refer to it again.
For accurate medication adherence, ask the physician or pharmacist:
- What is the drug name and what is it supposed to do?
- When and how do I take it? How long should I take it?
- Does this medication interact with other drugs or supplements?
- Should I expect side effects?
- What if I forget to take my medication?
- Is there a generic version of this medication?
- How should this medication be stored?
Dorothy Kouba, Account Manager
Willis Towers Watson, Willis of Colorado, Inc | 415 W 17th Street Suite 140 | Cheyenne, WY 82001
D +1 307 634 5566, F +1 307 634 0664