For a PDF copy of this letter, click here.
Fremont County School District 1 has engaged in a strategic planning process and is seeking input from stakeholders.
We are scheduling meetings on the hour December 2 – 3 at Starrett Library. If you would like to know the best time to attend contact the Central Office 332-4711. Your participation and input is critical to the success of the process.
The process is divided into three phases and includes the development of:
- Mission – description of the organization’s reason for existing, who we are
- Vision – where the organization wants to be in the future, ideal state
- Values – the organization’s code of ethics
- Strategic Plan “Placemat” – one page snapshot/overview of the strategic plan that typically includes the mission, vision, values, goals, and objectives
- Strategic Plan “Roadmap” – simply a way to understand where you want to be in an extended time period and what steps you will take to get there
The first phase has just been completed and the final phase will be completed before the holidays. During the first phase, twenty-three stakeholders drafted the mission, vision, values, goals, and objectives. Now that the initial development is completed, we need your input and feedback on this work.
The final phase will include the discussion of findings from the stakeholder feedback sessions and the development of the Strategic Plan “Roadmap.” In addition, the team will draft a communication plan to keep stakeholders informed on the district’s progress against the plan.
The benefits of going through the process as described above are many:
- common mission and vision for the district that can be owned and supported by all stakeholders
- values that will provide the beacon by which everyone should navigate
- a strategic plan to drive the work of the district in a more focused way
- engagement of stakeholders internally as well as externally so they feel a sense of ownership and have a voice in setting the district’s direction
- meaningful measures to track and manage progress
- communication plan to keep stakeholders informed about district’s progress against the plan
Upon completion of this process, the hard work will be done. The district will have the guiding light that illuminates the path to the future. Implementation of the plan will keep the district focused on the goals, the path to get there, and actions necessary to achieve excellence.
Dr. Kathy Hitt