What is Aesop?
Fremont #1 uses an automated substitute placement and absence management system!
Aesop is an automated substitute placement service that streamlines and simplifies the process of finding and managing substitute jobs in the District. Aesop offers web and phone-based substitute placement and absence management. After teachers register absences, substitutes can search for and accept jobs at any time. Aesop also saves data entry time by integrating with many HR and payroll systems.
Aesop takes the hassle out of sub placement and absences and creates a process that is not only efficient, but also easy for everyone to use!
Aesop for Teachers
Teachers use Aesop to enter leave requests, which go through the usual approval process. Once fully approved, these days become available for substitutes to accept. Teachers can leave notes and documents for the substitute, and can rate the effectiveness of a substitute and provide feedback after the job is competed.
The Aesop service is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be accessed via internet and phone. It is important to remember that you will need to enter your absence EVEN if a substitute is not required. You can interact with Aesop on the internet at http://www.aesoponline.com. You can also call Aesop toll free at 1-800-942-3767. Simply follow the voice menu to enter and manage absences and access other features.
Aesop for Substitutes
Substitutes use Aesop to accept job assignments. Subs can view requests either on their computer, or can receive notifications of open jobs from a phone call. Other features that Aesop offers include:
- View online training tools such as The Quick Start User Guide, The Basic Training Video and The Advanced Training Video
- Substitutes can search for jobs at https://www.aesoponline.com/login2.asp. Alternately, subs can call 1-800-94-AESOP (1-800-942-3767) to search for jobs
- Subs can update their own personal settings, including your phone number and security PIN number
- Subs can update your work calendar to reflect days you want to work, and days you are unable to work. That way, Aesop only notifies you of jobs during your work window.
- Set custom call times for Aesop automated calling to notify you of jobs
- Select and update preferred schools, so Aesop only presents you notifications for schools you choose to work at
- Subs can provide feedback on job assignments, completeness of teacher notes, etc.
Potential substitutes should read our Substitue Teachers Overview page for more information.
Employees are set up with an Aesop account by Carol and Barb at the Central Office. Substitutes are set up in Aesop after their employment is approved.
Once you have access into Aesop, you can view detailed help documents, print out quick-reference guides, and watch informative videos.
A link to Aesop is located on the Links page, or click here: https://www.aesoponline.com/login2.asp