Communications Committee survey results
Back in February, we released a survey to measure how all our stakeholders – staff, parents, students, and the community – view and use our different communication efforts. We appreciate the answers we received from 208 stakeholders (parents and community), as well as 158 responses on the staff survey.
In March and April, a District Communications Committee was established to review the survey data and make recommendations going forward to improve not just our communications offerings, but also to improve how we let all our stakeholders know about our offerings.
The Committee presented at the May 2015 School Board meeting. The full presentation is available at the top of this page. A summary of our findings is below:
- The District uses a wide range of communications media, both traditional as well as modern social media, at a level that very few districts in Wyoming are currently matching.
- We do publicize what resources we offer, but improvements can be made to increase stakeholders awareness and use of resources such as our Events Calendar and Facebook.
- In the next few months, we will be directing our resources, attention, and focus around Parent Portal and Messenger, as well as several projects.
These projects for the next few months involve:
- Online registration coming in the summer! Parents no longer need to complete a paper packet for each of their returning students, or start a paper packet for a new student. The entire process will be done securely online!
- Online payments coming in the Fall of 2015! Now parents may pay students’ lunch balances and other fees securely online!
- Smartphone app for Android and IPhone/IPad: Coming in the Fall of 2015, a free app that puts all our District and school information and updates in one easy-to-use mobile-friendly place.
- Parent preferences self-help: In the Parent Portal, update phone numbers and email address for communications from the school on grades, attendance, etc.
- Tech tutorials and scheduled tech training for parents on Parent Portal and other tech resources
- Continue to encourage all our staff to contribute to a unified message.
Your survey answers and ideas were very useful and will drive our communications efforts in the next school year!
Keep watching our website for additional details!
Chris Brown, Kristy Nelson, Renee Cook, Julie Shanley, Dr. Kathy Hitt
District Communications Committee