LMS Principal blog post 10-29-2018
Original post link: https://landermiddleschool.blogspot.com/2018/10/oct-29th-nov-2nd.html
Happy Monday LMS Families!
Here is the weekly update for Lander Middle School:
Parent Teacher Conferences: Thank you to all of our parents that visited with teachers on Tuesday or Wednesday last week. We had a great turn out. If you were unable to make it to conferences and have concerns about how your student is doing, please contact your student's teachers. The trimester will end on November 13th so students still have time to bring up scores if necessary.
Congratulations to Danielle Higginbotham and Christina Burke – they were the winners of our Kindle Fire drawings for the climate survey. The survey is open until Thursday, November 1st. We are at about 23% parent participation and would like to hit at least 40%. If you have not yet taken it, I would encourage you to do so. Parent Survey Link
This Week's Events:
- Oct 29: LMS Choir Concert, 7pm, LVHS
- Oct 30: 6th grade Science Fair FLEX to Gas Hills, all day
- Oct 30: 7A and 8A Girls BBall @Fort Washakie; 4pm and 5pm
- Oct 31 – Nov 1: Teton Science School will be working with 6th grade in ELA blocks.
- Oct 31: Halloween – Students may wear costumes (No weapons, No masks, No face paint)
- Nov 1: 7th and 8th grade Science Fair FLEX to Gas Hills, all day.
- Nov 1: 7A and 8A Girls BBall @Rawlins; 4:30 pm and 5:30pm
- Nov 2: PBIS Reward Day (Hat Day)
- Nov 3: Wrestling @Powell Invite; 9:30am
Girls basketball is off to a fantastic start. Last Thursday, 7A and 8A traveled to Thermopolis for the season openers. Both teams won their games. This past Saturday, they traveled to Cody/Powell to play in that series and each team came away with 3 wins and 1 loss. Good job, girls.
Wrestling competed in Ethete on Friday, October 26th. We did not have team scores at the end of the tournament so when those are made available, I will publish them.
Monthly Newsletter: I have been toying with the idea of discontinuing the monthly newsletter since we are doing a weekly blog. I would like some parent input on this. I would include some of the same information that we have in the newsletter like the grade level happenings, however it would be coming more frequently rather than once a month. If you have an opinion on the matter one way or another, I would like to know.
Have a great week!
Julie Shanley, LMS Principal