RFP for District IP Camera project 11-2018
Click here to view the complete RFP (posted 11-07-2018)
Addendum describing mandatory walkthrough details (posted 11-08-2018)
A mandatory walkthrough was held on Tuesday, November 20, 2018.
Walkthrough maps (all maps are in PDF format)
- Central Admin / Pathfinder
- Lander Valley High School
- Lander Middle School
- Baldwin Creek Elementary
- Gannett Peak Elementary
- North building
- Bruce Gresly Aquatic Center
- Warehouse / Transportation
- Hudson building
Current camera counts (to help with planning and understanding our baseline)
- Central Admin / Pathfinder: There are currently no cameras at this location, and no infrastructure for cameras.
- Lander Valley High School: There are currently 78 cameras at this location. Existing cameras use ethernet cabling.
- Lander Middle School: There are 59 cameras currently at LMS. 18 of them are exterior cameras. Existing cameras use ethernet cabling.
- Baldwin Creek Elementary: There are 48 cameras currently at Baldwin Creek. At least 22 cameras are exterior. There are some "mystery" cameras that are down and staff are unsure what they cover.
- Gannett Peak Elementary: There are 38 cameras currently at Gannett Peak. Existing cameras use ethernet cabling.
- North building: During the onsite visit we discussed North's unique needs, as part of the building is unoccupied.
- Bruce Gresly Aquatic Center: Existing cameras do not use ethernet cabling.
- Warehouse / Transportation: There are currently no cameras at this location, and no infrastructure for cameras.
- Hudson building: There are about 15 cameras now at Hudson. Existing cameras do not use ethernet cabling.
- Jeffrey City School: There are approximately 10-12 cameras currently at Jeffrey City. Existing cameras do not use ethernet cabling.
Statements regarding asbestos will be posted shortly
As funding for safety projects comes from state and Federal dollars, we will follow their lead on banned manufacturers. The RFP states: "Debarred Bidders or Subcontractors: A vendor who is currently subject to state or federal debarment order or
determination shall not be considered for evaluation by the procurement team." That statement should cover both vendors (as in installers/integrators) as well as the equipment they offer as part of their solution.
At sites with old cameras, they can come down when new cameras are installed. The District will be responsible for the disposal of such cameras.
NOTICE OF REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FOR AN IP SECURITY CAMERA SOLUTION
FREMONT COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT #1 – LANDER, WY
DUE DATE FOR PROPOSALS: 2:00 P.M. MT, DECEMBER 10, 2018
Fremont County School District #1 (FCSD #1) will consider all qualified responses to this RFP and score each response based on the evaluation criteria established in this RFP document. Sealed proposals are being solicited to replace FCSD #1’s various camera systems in each of its 10 locations. During the RFP process, vendors will conduct an on-site walk through in order to get a sense of the District’s needs.
In order to be considered, proposals must be received in the District business office by 2:00 p.m. MST on December 10, 2018. Proposals will be opened and reviewed at that time. It is anticipated that the selection of a vendor will be completed December, 18, 2018 at the regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Trustees. Final award notification will take place on December 19, 2018.
FCSD #1 Contact Information
Please contact Chris Brown, Technology Director for any questions, requests for clarification or interpretations. Responses will be handled as an addendum to this RFP and will be communicated to all potential vendors.
Contact Name: Chris Brown, Technology Director
Telephone : 307-332-4711
Address: 863 Sweetwater Street, Lander, WY 82520
*** A mandatory walkthrough will be held Tuesday, November 20, 2018.
*** The complete RFP is available at http://www.landerschools.org/rfp-for-district-ip-camera-project-11-2018/
Submission of Proposals
One signed paper proposal and one electronic copy ( in PDF format) shall be enclosed in a sealed envelope or package, addressed to Travis Sweeney, Business Manager, 863 Sweetwater Street, Lander, WY 82520. “IP SECURITY CAMERA RFP” shall be placed on the outside of the envelope or package. Please include a Proposal Form with your proposal as provided in Exhibit 1 of this RFP.
Proposals will be opened immediately on December 10, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. MST at the District’s Administration Building, 863 Sweetwater Street, Lander, WY 82520.
Interested parties are advised that exceptions to any of the terms contained in this RFP must be identified in its response to the RFP. Failure to do so may lead the District to declare any such term non-negotiable. Desire to take exception will not disqualify a party from consideration for award.
Coverage & Participation – The intended coverage of of this RFP, and any agreement resulting from this solicitation, shall be for the use of all buildings within the District and itemized below. FCSD #1 reserves the right not to enter into any contract, to add and/or delete elements, or to change any element of coverage and participation at any time without prior written notification and without any liability or obligation of any kind or amount.
Good Faith Statement – All information provided by FCSD #1 in this RFP is offered in good faith. Individual items are subject to change at any time. FCSD #1 makes no certification that any item is without error. FCSD #1 is not responsible or liable for any use of the information or for any claims asserted there from.