Guest Wireless Access
We offer an open wireless network that can be used to connect a tablet, laptop, or smartphone. The open network is used by guests to the District as well as by students who are bringing their own devices (BYOD) to school to use for schoolwork.
This guest network is named "Fremont1_Guest" and, as of 08-2016, is available at the following locations:
- Central Admin (new building at 863 Sweetwater): full coverage
- Lander Valley HS: full coverage, including outside stadium seating
- Pathfinder HS / Lights-On: full coverage
- Lander Middle School: full coverge
- Baldwin Creek Elementary: full coverage
- Gannett Peak Elementary: full coverage
- Jeffrey City School: coverage in occupied area of the building
- Lander Swimming Pool: full coverage
There are two IMPORTANT notes regarding guest network access:
As of 12-2014, the Guest network only supports the N wireless standard at 5Ghz. We can no longer support devices that connect only at 2.4Ghz, and older devices that do not support the N standard. Typically, these are devices that are older than 4-5 years old and are very rarely seen on our network.
Note that the guest network is filtered and many popular websites (Facebook, YouTube) are unavailable through the network. Content filtering on the guest network cannot be turned off or bypassed, and exceptions cannot be made to this. Please keep this in mind when you are planning to access websites on the guest network.