The District uses a wide array of online services, both free and subscription-based, to boost student achievement, increase technology usage, and to provide research and other educational materials to our students.
A SMALL sampling of the services we currently employ are listed below:
- Google Apps for Education: Free hosted email, calendar, file storage, and productivity applications for District students in grades 4-12. Students can effortlessly collaborate and communicate with teachers and peers.
- Schoology: Safe and secure social networking and classroom collaboration for students in grades 9-12. Students can access Edmodo to participate anytime, from a variety of school and at-home devices.
- GoWYLD: The Wyoming State Library provides free access from all Wyoming school district computers to the GoWYLD databases and subscriptions. This is also free to home users if you have a library card and a library PIN number. GpWYLD offers a HUGE number of resources for research and learning!
- Naviance (for LVHS students) provides career planning, standardized test practice, and college overviews.
- NetTrekker offers safe Internet websites and resources geared for grade levels and topic.
- Edgenuity online credit recovery and courses
- Spelling City and IXL for elementary students
Nearly all of these resources are also available to students from home, and some resources have a parent component as well. Confer with your teacher or school regarding what resources are available from home and how you can use them to help with homework and class assignments.