WEBT September 2016 newsletter for staff
WEBT, through its relationship with Willis Towers Watson, is pleased to share the attached information with you that may assist you and your employees. As we receive information on different topics, we will provide them to you electronically.
Fruit & Veggies – More Matters Month
September Fruit and Vegetable Newsletter (PDF format)
September Make the Healthy Choice Breakfast poster (PDF format)
Eating fruits and vegetables has many health benefits. People who eat a healthy, balanced diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables can help lower their risk for heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and some types of cancer. Eating healthy can also help prevent obesity and high blood pressure.
However, many people are shortchanging themselves.
- Fewer than 1 in 7 adults eat the recommended amount of fruits every day.
- Fewer than 1 in 10 adults eat the recommended amount of vegetables every day.
The good news? September is Fruit & Veggies – More Matters Month. This month is designed to focus your attention on eating MORE of these naturally nutritious food choices.
Here are just a few ideas to help you and your family fit more fruits and vegetables into your day:
- Keep a bowl of fruit handy where the whole family can see it.
- Cut up fruits and veggies ahead of time so they’re ready for quick, healthy snacks.
- Challenge your family to try a new veggie or fruit every week.
Remember, eating more fruits and veggies can be fun — and it’s worth it!
Willis Towers Watson
Willis of Colorado, Inc | 415 W 17th Street Suite 140 | Cheyenne, WY 82001
D +1 307 634 5566
F +1 307 634 0664